Thieves Oil For Pneumonia
Why use thieves oil for pneumonia
Thieves essential oil is well known to reduce stress. But it is also used for neutralizing bacterial and viral pathogens. Strengthens respiratory systems, lowers fever.
How to use thieves oil for Pneumonia
- It is ideally taken as steam by using a towel and inhaling the steam by mixing two drops in hot water.
- One can also add one drop of thieves oil and one drop of lemon oil in hot water and drink this mixture as tea.
It will help to reduce a cough or infection.
Black Seed Oil For Pneumonia
Why one should use black seed oil for pneumonia?
Long lasted a cough and fever may result in asthma. Black seed oil is hyper-responsive to the respiratory system. Due to its benefits in lung diseases, it is also famous for lung cancer treatments.
How to use black seed oil for pneumonia?
Black seed oil is made from Nigella sativa plant as the oil comes from compression of the seeds of the plant.
- You can consume black seed oil directly
- Else take one teaspoon on black seed oil and one teaspoon honey and eat it
Best Home Remedies For Pneumonia:
Are you wondering how to break up pneumonia? Rather than fighting this sickness for weeks, its better for your overall health to fight it quickly.
These effective home remedies for pneumonia use simple, inexpensive ingredients you probably already have in your home, and they do not cause the unwanted side effects that come with commercial remedies.
Lets learn how to treat your pneumonia with simple solutions that you can brew up at home in minutes. One of these 21 remedies is sure to solve your problem.
You May Like: How Often Can You Take Pneumonia Vaccine
Getting Treatment For Pneumonia
Once youve been diagnosed, your doctor can begin treating your pneumonia. In most cases, you can be treated at home. However, your doctor may choose to hospitalize you if youre risks of getting worse are high or your symptoms are severe. Common treatment for pneumonia includes:
- Antibiotics, which target and treat bacterial infections. More than one type of antibiotic may be needed to treat your pneumonia.
- Cough medicine to help reduce coughing and allow for more rest.
- Pain reliever/fever reducer to help bring down your fever and pain symptoms. Most over-the-counter medications should work, but your doctor may recommend specific medications.
If you have pneumonia signs or symptoms, dont wait too long before you contact your doctor. Getting the right treatment will help you feel better more quickly.
How Did I Get Walking Pneumonia And How Can I Avoid Getting It Again
Mycoplasma pneumoniae spreads from person-to-person through respiratory droplets the same way viruses like COVID-19 or influenza spread. When someone with the bacteria coughs or sneezes, they release droplets into the air and you can breathe them in. You can also get it from touching objects or surfaces that have the bacteria on them and then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
People usually start having symptoms 2 to 3 weeks after they are exposed to the bacteria.
Theres no vaccine for mycoplasma pneumoniae. The best ways to keep from getting sick are frequent hand washing and staying apart from people who have symptoms of a cold.
If youre sick, help keep others healthy by washing your hands, staying home when possible, and covering your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
You May Like: Pneumonia Vaccine 65 And Older
More About Dry Coughs
Dry coughs can sometimes be the result of health problems such as asthma, pneumonia, chronic lung disease or even gastric reflux. If a dry cough continues after other symptoms disappear, or if you have a chronic dry cough when you do not have a cold or the flu, see your healthcare provider immediately to determine the cause and get proper treatment.
In most cases, however, a dry cough accompanies a cold or the flu or is simply the result of irritants such as cigarette smoke and dry heated air. Escape from or eliminate the irritants whenever possible and then choose a best medicine for dry cough product to diminish symptoms and make you feel better.
It is very important to distinguish between general cold medicines which combine ingredients to treat multiple symptoms and cough medicines which treat the cough specifically. Never take a cold or flu medicine designed to treat multiple symptoms when you only have a cough.
Among cough medicines, there are expectorants which thin out mucus and suppressants which suppress the cough reflex. Suppressants are the best cough medicine for dry cough.
The products which are listed in our top 10 guide along with the reviews of the top 3 make it easy to select whats right for you and your family.
Best Medicine For Bronchitis
Wake Forest Bronchitis is an infection, usually caused by a viral upper respiratory infection, that causes irritation and inflammation to the linings of the bronchial tubes. Bronchitis can be either acute or chronic and typically includes a persistent, mucus-producing cough. The best medicine for treating bronchitis primarily depends on whether the infection is acute or chronic in nature. To better understand the treatment options available to patients, we will investigate the best medicines for both acute and chronic bronchitis.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- I have a chronic condition. Am I at higher risk for pneumonia?
- Do I have bacterial, viral, or fungal pneumonia? Whats the best treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- How serious is my pneumonia? Will I need to be hospitalized?
- What can I do at home to help relieve my symptoms?
- What are the possible complications of pneumonia? How will I know if Im developing complications?
- What should I do if my symptoms dont respond to treatment or get worse?
- Do we need to schedule a follow-up exam?
- Do I need any vaccines?
Natural Chest And Nasal Congestion Relief
If you prefer non-medicinal, all-natural choices, this product is for you. Breathe-Ease Balm is used either externally by rubbing on the chest, temples and neck or is placed in your humidifier to push the scent out into the air.
Made from eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender and peppermint oils, the scent calms the persistent urge to cough and opens airways. The product can be mixed with a small amount of regular lotion to tone down the scent a bit if youre using it on children.
As with all topical products, we recommend that you try a small amount on your wrist or arm to test for any reactions you may have to the ingredients before you spread larger amounts on your body.
Don’t Miss: Time Between Flu And Pneumonia Shot
Tea Tree Oil For Pneumonia
Why one should use tea tree oil for pneumonia?
Tea tree oil is used for multiple purposes since ancient times. Tea tree oil is beneficial for preventing and treating pneumonia it will remove bacteria, virus through coughing and bring down pneumonia.
How to use tea tree oil for pneumonia?
- Take one large bowl to add hot water in it
- Add one drop of tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil in it
- Take one thick towel
- Apply this mixture as a streamer place towel so that steam will not be wasted and inhaled directly in lungs for better effect
How Is Pneumonia Treated
When you get a pneumonia diagnosis, your doctor will work with you to develop a treatment plan. Treatment for pneumonia depends on the type of pneumonia you have, how sick you are feeling, your age, and whether you have other health conditions. The goals of treatment are to cure the infection and prevent complications. It is important to follow your treatment plan carefully until you are fully recovered.
Take any medications as prescribed by your doctor. If your pneumonia is caused by bacteria, you will be given an antibiotic. It is important to take all the antibiotic until it is gone, even though you will probably start to feel better in a couple of days. If you stop, you risk having the infection come back, and you increase the chances that the germs will be resistant to treatment in the future.
Typical antibiotics do not work against viruses. If you have viral pneumonia, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication to treat it. Sometimes, though, symptom management and rest are all that is needed.
Most people can manage their symptoms such as fever and cough at home by following these steps:
If your pneumonia is so severe that you are treated in the hospital, you may be given intravenous fluids and antibiotics, as well as oxygen therapy, and possibly other breathing treatments.
Read Also: Can Pneumonia Cause Neck Pain
How Long Does Pneumonia Cough Last
Most coughs from pneumonia last for 2 weeks. Some people have significant coughs for 3 weeks. About 20% of people may have lingering coughs for a month. It is very uncommon for pneumonia cough to last longer than six weeks. If you still have coughs six weeks after pneumonia, you need to see your doctor to make sure you havent developed anything else.
With regular community-acquired pneumonia, early coughs are usually associated with lots of phlegm. When pneumonia is active, there is significant inflammation inside your lungs. White blood cells and fluids rush to your lungs to fight the infection. Your cough helps get rid of these waste products in the form of thick, yellow phlegm. After about a week, your cough may produce more of a rusty-colored phlegm, as WBCs decrease while dried blood and dead cells increase. As more time passes, you may have more dry coughs than coughs with phlegm.
Things That You Can Do To Help Your Child At Home Are
- Control the fever with the proper medicine and right strength for the age of your child. Fevers lower than 101° F do not need to be treated unless the child is uncomfortable .
- Give your child plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- See that your child gets lots of rest.
- Do not give over-the-counter cough medicines or other OTC medicines without asking the health provider first. The child needs to cough and bring up the phlegm. Coughing is the bodys way of clearing the infection from the lungs.
- Avoid exposing your child to tobacco smoke or other irritants in the air.
You May Like: Does Pneumonia Cause Body Aches
What Are The Best Antibiotics For Pneumonia
When a person contracts pneumonia, the air sacs in one or both lungs, called alveoli, fill with pus or fluid.
This fluid can make it difficult to breathe. While pneumonia can be mild, it can also cause severe illness, especially in young children, older adults, and those with other medical problems.
In 2019, more than 40,000 Americans died of pneumonia.
Pneumonia happnes when a virus or bacteria thats living in your bodyin your nose, sinuses, or mouth, for examplespreads into your lungs.
You may also directly breathe the virus or bacteria into your lungs, triggering pneumonia.
Pneumonia is typically caused by viruses or bacteria.
Antibiotics wont help with viral pneumonia.
Bacterial pneumonia is more common, and usually more severe, and can sometimes occur secondary to a viral infection.
If your doctor suspects that you have bacterial pneumonia, they will treat you with antibiotics.
In this article, Ill explain how pneumonia is diagnosed, and when and how its treated with antibiotics.
Ill also talk about when pneumonia requires hospitalization.
Ill also tell you when you should talk to your doctor to see if a persistent cough, shortness of breath, or other upper respiratory symptoms could be pneumonia.
How Long Youll Take Them
A course of antibiotics for uncomplicated pneumonia treatment is usually for five to seven days. One course will usually be enough to cure your pneumonia. In some cases, you may need more than one course of antibiotics if your infection doesnt start improving or it seems like its not responding to the medications.
Stay in touch with your doctor to ensure your infection is clearing up. Youll likely start to feel better and have some symptom relief one to three days after you start your pneumonia treatment, but it may take a week or more for your symptoms to go away completely.
Taking your medication as prescribed, especially for antibiotics, is incredibly important. Even if youre feeling better, you need to take the entire course.
Do not stop taking antibiotics early, even if your symptoms improve, as the infection would not be fully treated and could become antibiotic-resistant. This will make treatment more complicated. If youre experiencing side effects, talk to your doctor. Only stop your medication if your doctor tells you its OK to do so.
You May Like: How Do I Cure Pneumonia
What Is The Difference Between Bacterial And Viral Bronchitis
Two things can help you tell the difference between these two types of bronchitis: the length of time the symptoms last and the colourof the secretions.
If your symptoms get worse by the day and persist for more than a week, you probably have bacterial bronchitis. Greenish phlegm is alsoa signal of a bacterial infection. Clear or yellowish secretions generally indicate that the infection is viral in origin.
Other Home Remedies For Pneumonia
Natural remedies will help to give temporary medication for pneumonia. There are various anti-biotic and anti-viral properties available but along with that essential oil will provide home remedies to such temporary swellings. Some home remedies are:
- Ginger or turmeric powder: Turmeric powder has many benefits in a cough, flu. Chest pain is one of the symptoms of pneumonia which is the result of a persistent cough. Chopping small size ginger and adding it in ice will reduce chest pain. Turmeric powder two teaspoons in milk will help to reduce a cough.
- Vapor rub and gargling: Vapor rub will not only help with the blocked nose but also helps in reducing itch in case of pneumonia. Hot water and salt mixture can be used as a home remedy to cure a cough. It will remove mucus by coughing.
- Peppermint, eucalyptus, and fenugreek tea: Many warn herbal teas will help to remove a cough. Peppermint and eucalyptus will help to soothe the throat. And fenugreek tea will help to break the mucus and remove it, and this will reduce pain and inflammation in the chest due to pneumonia.
Also Read: Natural Home Remedies for Cough
Pneumonia causes disorder of the lungs or respiratory tract. The human body has particular tissues which remove foreign particle through the action of a cough and sneeze. When a person suffers from pneumonia, these air sacs are filled with fluid and coughing makes it difficult to breathe correctly.
Don’t Miss: Treatment For Walking Pneumonia In Elderly
How Do Cough Medicines Work
If cough medicines do work, they are thought to work in different ways, depending on what the active ingredient is:
- Antitussives are said to work by reducing the cough reflex. For example, dextromethorphan or pholcodine.
- Expectorants try to help loosen secretions, so you cough up the excessive mucus – for example, guaifenesin or ipecacuanha.
- Antihistamines reduce histamine release. This reduces congestion and decreases the amount of secretions made by the lungs. Examples are brompheniramine, chlorphenamine, diphenhydramine, doxylamine, promethazine or triprolidine.
- cause the blood vessels in the lungs and nose to narrow , and this reduces congestion. Examples are phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, oxymetazoline or xylometazoline.
Why Does Bronchitis Occur
Bronchitis occurs when the airways that carry air to your lungs, called the bronchial tubes, become inflamed and irritated. Your bronchial tubes produce excess mucus and cause coughing when they become inflamed.
Also Check: Early Warning Signs Of Pneumonia
Tips For Preventing And Treating Pneumonia:
- Get plenty of rest to boost the immunity.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat plenty of vitamin A and C.
- Wash your hands frequently before eating.
- Cover your mouth while sneezing or coughing.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Take hot showers to reduce cold, cough and congestion..
- Fry pumpkin leaf in olive oil. Let it cool and crush to make a paste. Apply it to the chest and massage for few minutes until you get relief from the pain.
- Extract juice from ginger and add a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Drink night time.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 300 ml of warm and drink twice a day.
- Eat plenty of protein and fresh fruits and vegetables to boost immune system.
- Cut down sugar caffeinated, carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
- Get vaccines and flu shots to prevent illness.
We hope that this article on how to beat pneumonia naturally helped you. Have you tried any of these home remedies for relieving symptoms of pneumonia? Which ones worked best for you? Share your experience with us!
Basil And Black Pepper
Basil and black pepper act as natural decongestants. Black pepper expels the mucus from the air sacs and dries up the fluids which cause pneumonia infection.
- Crush 5-7 basil leaves to extract juice.
- Mix with ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Consume every 6 hours to cure pneumonia.
- Repeat 2 times a week.
Don’t Miss: Pneumonia In Lung Cancer Patients
When Should I See My Doctor
Pneumonia can be life-threatening if left untreated, especially for certain at-risk people. You should call your doctor if you have a cough that wont go away, shortness of breath, chest pain, or a fever. You should also call your doctor if you suddenly begin to feel worse after having a cold or the flu.